Today is day NINETEEN of the August Healthy Living / Fitness Blogger Writing Challenge and today our topic is:
Write about a typical day in your life
Well I’ve actually done this a few times, first, last year in June, then again this past June, so instead of sharing a typical weekday (again), I’ll share a typical weekend – specifically yesterday, so without further adieu, I present to you:
A Day in My Life
- 6:45 Woken up by my 7 yo who felt the need to tell me she was awake, went downstairs with her, had a quiet breakfast with her, and brewed a pot of coffee. Started her countdown until her two friends were coming over for me to babysit.
- 7:15 Toddler woke up screaming that she was STUUUUUUUCK! (She wasn’t stuck, she just wanted out of her crib).
- 7:20 5 yo woke up, began the countdown with her until her two friends were coming over for me to babysit.
- 7:25 – 8:30 Updated the girls on how long it will be until their friends come over every 5 minutes…
- 7:45 prepare and feed the toddler and 5 yo breakfast
- 8:30 The friends finally arrive
- 8:30 – 1:30 Solo parent 5 kids: played xBox Kinect, set up the bouncy castle, broke up numerous fights, walked the kids to the park, walked to the corner store to buy some milk, bread and cold cuts for sandwiches, fed the kids lunch, put the toddler down for a nap, take the older kids swimming in the backyard.
- 1:30 The friend’s dad comes to pick up his daughters, I
collapse from sheer exhaustion
- 1:30 – 3:00 set up the xBox Kinect again, then sit down to write a blog post, do some laundry, clean the house, get my butt kicked at UNO
- 3:00 Toddler up – chase her around the house
- 4:00 drag the kids to the grocery store to stock up on some groceries
- 5:00 Another friend comes to visit for dinner with her two kids
- 5:00 – 7:30 dinner, take the kids swimming, set up the bouncy castle
- 7:30 friend leaves, another neighbourhood kid comes to visit
- 7:45 – 8:00 Skype phone call with hubby (he’s in Boston)
- 8:15 send the friend home, put the bouncy castle away
- 8:45 put toddler to bed
- 9:00 put big girls to bed
- 9:00 -10:30 watch/listen to an awesome lecture called: Sugar: The Bitter Truth on YouTube (I’d embed it here, but it’s 90 min long, but it is so worth the time – by the time you finish watching/listening to it you will RIP the juice out of your kids hands).
- 10:30 collapse in bed