Happy Friday everyone!
I saw High Five Friday on Happy Fit Mama’s blog and thought it would be fun (and easy) to take part in. By the end of the week I feel so burnt out that I don’t really know what to write about and if I do come up with an idea I get complete writer’s block and struggle to pour those thoughts out of my brain. Do you have that struggle too? High Five Friday is a link up to share 5 pictures from your Instagram account and to share 5 great posts that you’ve read this week. I really like the ease in putting together a post for this link up. So without any further ado, here’s my first High Five Friday post:
5 of this week’s photos from Instagram:
First things first, are you following me on Instagram? If not, you totally should, I’m fitnesscheerleader.
1. On Tuesday I went for my first midday run in what seems like ages, I loved how good I felt afterwards!
2. Paid my respects at the war memorial on Wednesday at the park beside my work.
3. The rain on Thursday made me sad to miss my run (yes – I’m a total wimp and I don’t run in the rain).
4. Although I missed my run, I made up for it with an intense Black Fire workout by Bob Harper on DailyBurn.
5. I’m cleaning up my eating (again) one meal at a time. This week I’ve started with healthier breakfasts.
5 of my favourite reads this week:
1. Learning from Disappointment by My God, My Music, My Life
Although I’m not religious, I found the key message in this post motivating and I could relate because many of the thoughts the author’s wife felt from her recent race I have felt before.
I have had a mad crush on Wil Wheaton ever since I saw the movie Stand By Me as a little girl, and this post totally makes me love him even more. In case you didn’t know it, Wil Wheaton is one of my celebrity boyfriends.
3. Molly Huddle Campaigns for Female Runner emoji by Runners World
Thank you, thank you, thank you Molly! I have wanted to respond with to texts/tweets with a female runner emoji a million times, hopefully she’s successful and can make this happen!
4. Rise and Shine – Athlete and Running Ultimate Motivation – Ok, so this isn’t a read, but I needed this motivation this week:
I was doing some research for my daughter’s Grade 3 French product and came across this article. Even though I’m Canadian I didn’t know these amazing things were made here.