Here’s a quick little post to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope you have an amazing weekend with your friends and families. I’ll be home with mine eating all the cookies I can find 🙂
(I also wanted to let you all know that I’m taking a little blogging break until December 28th – when I’ll be posting the #MotivateMe linkup)
Here are my top five favourite things about the holidays:
- Snow. Being Canadian means I love snow. There are so many amazing things you can do with the kidlets in the snow over the holidays: build a snow man, have a snow ball fight, go sledding or even get a workout by pulling the kids in the snow on their sleds. Snow is so beautiful! (Though sadly this year will be a rare green Christmas for us).
- Christmas Music. I especially love soft pop Christmas music – songs by Michael Bublé and Winter Song by Sara Bareilles etc. I also have a soft spot for some Christmas classics like the New Kids on the Block Christmas album (I’ve learned that playing it can quickly clear out the living room leaving me alone to enjoy my favourite thing # 3).
- Quiet time by the Christmas tree. There is nothing more relaxing than listening to some soft pop Christmas music while the soft lights of the Christmas tree glow. Not having to rush off to work, or kids sports etc leaves me with plenty of time to relax.
- Time with my family. Our Christmases are pretty low-key. My in-laws usually go on a Disney Cruise with my sister and brother-in-law along with my nieces and nephew, so we don’t have to split our time between families. We stay home and host a quiet Christmas brunch and dinner for my parents and my brother. The holidays are a nice opportunity for us to play board games and put together puzzles with the girls.
- Christmas Lights. I’ll be the first to say that I think Christmas lights, or lights in general should be up year round. They just make everything prettier! We always make a point to do a long walk through our neighbourhood and a drive to other neighbourhoods to check them out and look for the craziest displays. One of our neighbours has an AMAZING Christmas display to raise money for our local hospital. The tackier, the better!
I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!
From my family to yours
What is your favourite thing about the holidays?