As you are well aware, I’m a goal oriented person, but there’s one area of my life where I spend a lot of my time yet I haven’t set any goals for that area. Any guesses what that area is?
Yes, it’s my blog. I’ve written over 1000 posts here since I started sharing my fitness journey on this ol’ blog in the fall of 2009, yet I’ve never set any blogging related goals (though admittedly I check my stats 600 times a day). On Monday when I shared my February goals and my new fitness routine, it occurred to me that perhaps I should also set some blogging goals. I’ve been thinking a lot about abandoning the blog, but I keep coming back to it because it honestly does bring me a lot of enjoyment. I’ve met a lot of great people through this little platform of mine, have gotten to try out quite a few products, and have even gone on some fun adventures. So it would be a shame to just walk away from everything. I suspect that given my nature, having goals and working towards them will bring on a new challenge that will keep me entertained, motivated to keep blogging and excited to share great content.
In order to set some goals (and attain them) I need to know a few things:
- I need to know where I am now. I need to know what my baseline is.
- I need to figure out what’s important to me.
- I need to figure out where I want to go.
- Then once I know where I want to go, I need to come up with a plan to get there – just like I do with my fitness.
- And I need accountability to keep me motivated.
So here we are with the first phase in my goal setting. Knowing where I am now, and sharing this with (which also you falls under #5, accountability).
JANUARY TRAFFIC REPORT
Pageviews – 13,216
Unique Pageviews – 12,048
Bounce rate – 86.67% (ugh!)
Sessions – 10,955
Users – 9,651
Instagram – 1,472
Facebook – 1,829
Pinterest – 3,371
Bloglovin – 349
- Books to Read in 2016 1,538 views
- Peroneal Tendonitis – A Do-It-Yourself Rehab Plan for Runners and Other Athletes 731 views
- How to Prep Healthy Food for the Week 534 views
- Do’s & Don’ts for Doing a Color Run 463 views
- 10 Reasons to Run a Race that You Didn’t Train For 407 views
Next month, I will be showing you my (hopefully) more improved stats :).
For now I am going to share with you my only goal that I want to achieve over the next month:
Post 3 times/week
Like in fitness, it’s all about setting realistic goals, right? In January
I REALLY slacked on my posting took a much needed break to recharge my batteries, so this month I’m focusing on just being more consistent with my posting. As the months go by, I’ll work on other goals (like engaging more on twitter, etc). Thankfully though, the lack of posting last month didn’t reflect in my stats, though that may just be because January = traffic if you’re a fitness blogger 🙂 or because when I wasn’t blogging I was busy updating the images on old posts and promoting them on Pinterest 🙂
What are your blogging goals for this month?