Today I’m off and away for a fun girls 3 day weekend away to beautiful Montreal to celebrate my friend Christine’s 40th birthday! Montreal (pronounced MUNN-tree-all) is the second largest city in Canada, in the province of Quebec (pronounced Kuh-Beck ). It’s a popular getaway due to the number of fun things to do (shopping, clubbing, spas, and fine dining) and has beautiful architecture – There are 50 National Historic Sites of Canada in Montreal, more than any other city in Canada!
A month ago I was asked by my friend Juliette if I wanted to go away for Christine’s birthday. Being that it was so close to Christmas I immediately turned down the trip because of financial issues. Then hubby caught wind of the plans and straight up told me I was bonkers for skipping the trip. Apparently I was going to be missing out on a lot, but because I’ve never been to Montreal, I didn’t think it was a big deal. Judging by the number of people who told me that I’d be crazy not to go (I did lots of crowd sourcing at work before agreeing to go) I figured that I should at least see if these people are right.
Pool at the Hyatt Regency Montreal
Our plans are to:
- Travel first class by VIA Rail train to Montreal (all you can eat & drink with free wifi!)
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Montreal
- Go out for a fancy dinner Friday night (our reservations are at 7pm) perhaps followed by some dancing?
- Saturday morning go out for Crepes for breakfast, then walk to old Montreal to view the architecture and do some shopping
- Then relax Saturday (at the pool?) before our fancy dinner out, followed by more dancing
- Sunday we’re all booked in at Rainspa for massages, a Hamman treatment (Turkish bath), and mini pedicures
- late Sunday afternoon we board the train to come home.
So last night I packed up my clothes (yeah, I know that’s a lot of stuff for 3 days), printed off my VIA Rail train tickets, cleared space on my SD card, and iPhone for pictures and charged up every rechargeable piece of electronic equipment that I can fit in my bag. And today we’re off on our grand adventure!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Question: What are your plans for this weekend? Have you ever been to Montreal? What did you see/do there?