Back when I first started blogging (2004), it was cool to have a link in your blog’s sidebar below your bio to your “100 Things”. I wanted to share a link to it, but I can’t seem to find it in the archives of my old blog, so I guess I deleted it a LONG time ago.
So instead of 100 things, here are 10 things you might not know about me:
1. I grind my teeth when I sleep and wear a mouthguard to protect the enamel on my teeth.
2. I played varsity lacrosse in my University days, and I just recently signed up to play in a Sr. Ladies Recreational Lacrosse League this Spring & Summer.
3. I commute an hour to and from work every day. Yep, I spend 2 hours of my day sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. It sucks.
4. My husband and I got married in Vegas at Caesar’s Palace. That was almost 10 yrs ago (our 10 yr anniversary is April 6th).
5. My husband and I dated for 10 yrs before we got married – I wonder what the next 10 yrs will have in store for us?
6. I spent just over 2 yrs of my life pregnant and another 4.75 yrs breastfeeding. (I also co-slept with my babies, and wore them in slings and wraps).
7. I work in a completely different field than I went to school for. I wanted to be an Athletic Therapist and graduated with a degree in Kinesiology and a Certificate in Athletic Therapy. I didn’t enjoy the field so I decided to change my career and took night school courses. I now work in procurement and specialise in IT contracts.
8. As briefly mentioned above I’ve been blogging for a long time. I started in 2003 with a blog on Live Journal, but then quickly moved to blogger, then became self-hosted using Moveable Type (that blog was called “Just Janice”), then I moved to a self-hosted WordPress and became Cosmogrrl, but changed the blog name to Mom on the Run in 2004 when I became pregnant with my first daughter. Four years ago I started Fitness Cheerleader.
9. I’m a HUGE New Kids on the Block fan and have been known to stalk their tour buses whenever they perform in Toronto. My favourite “kid” is Jon and I’ve met him twice! (He gives the most amazing hugs). BTW – if you’re looking for a birthday gift idea for me, the NKOTB are performing in Vegas on my birthday this summer…
10. I can’t nap – Unless I’m incredibly sick. I just can’t get my mind to stop thinking long enough to fall asleep in the middle of the day.
BONUS: I’m an Ottawa Senators fan: