Post these rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about Ã…”you are tagged if you are reading this Ã‚Â. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Random Facts About Me:
- I went to a Dutch Christian Reformed grade school when I was little.
- My grandmother was an awesome bowler and was inducted into the Ontario 5-pin bowling hall of fame – she passed her bowling genes onto me and no one likes bowling with me because I kick ass.
- I played as many sports as I could in high school: Bowling, Field hockey, Swim team and Softball.
- At one point I was playing on three different softball teams – I was a catcher and played on a team that traveled internationally once for a tournament.
- I almost failed Phys. Ed. class in grade 12 because I had too many absences ” the absences were due to my many high school sports competitions.
- I graduated from University with a Specialized Honours Science Degree in Kinesiology, and a Certificate in Athletic Therapy.
- I didn’t attempt to find a job in my career field when I graduated because I’d decided that Athletic Therapy didn’t fit with my desire to have a large family – I now work as a Purchasing Analyst for the government. I LOVE my job (and my co-workers). Leaving Athletic Therapy was the best decision I have ever made.
- I really, really, really want to run the Disney’s Princess Half Marathon once in my life – that race looks incredibly fun!
- I have a high pain threshold ” I once walked around complaining about my sore leg for 6 weeks ” it turned out it was broken.
- I was made to have babies: I birthed three babies naturally and have never had an epidural.
- My labors were too fast for an epidural ” 4 hrs, 3hrs and 1 hour. In my opinion they weren’t really that painful – getting an episiotomy without any local anaesthetic was painful.
Questions for me from Sarah:
- What High School cafeteria food do you still miss?
French fries with gravy. My best friend and I used to also add a ridiculous amount of ketchup, vinegar and pepper to them.
- What is your sign and is it a reflection of your personality?
Cancer ” I ‘m not much into astrology so I don’t really know.
- Favorite cancelled TV show?
The original Beverly Hills 90210.
- What movie character do you most connect with or reminds you of yourself?
Diane Kruger from National Treasure ” she looks just like me:
- Last cheesey novel that you read?
Between work, the kids, training and blogging, I don’t have much time to read. The last novel I read was Ã…”Left Neglected Ã‚Â and it was very good ” it helped to bring some perspective into my life ” to spend more time with the people that matter most to me, my kids.
- If you could have one do over in life, what would it be?
High school ” all of it. I would have been more patient and kind to people, and less caught up in the he said/she said crap.
- Have you even gone vegetarian or vegan? If so, how long did it or has it lasted?
Does the occasional Vegan/Vegetarian meal count?
- What was your first job?
McDonald’s at what was then known as the SkyDome when the Blue Jays won the World Series.
- Who was your first concert?
NKOTB (bid surprise).
- Favorite holiday?
Christmas ” I love having almost 2 weeks off of work to spend with my kids.
- Most valuable lesson learned from your parents?
Everyone needs time to pursue their own hobbies and interests. My mom enjoys reading and crafts, and my dad is active in many sports. They support each other’s interests.
Questions for you:
- Weirdest place you have ever woken up?
- Race/event/accomplishment you are the most proud of?
- Favourite non-fitness activity?
- What one thing do you hope to accomplish before you turn 80?
- What’s your favourite post-workout recovery meal/drink/ritual?
- Describe your perfect vacation if money was no object…
- Least favourite TV show?
- What irks you the most? (Biggest pet peeve).
- Did you have any pets when you were younger? What kind? What were their names?
- Fondest childhood memory?
- Favourite flavour of ice cream?
Rachel – Running Rachel
Steph – Fit Mom in Training
Pamela – A Renaissance Woman
Lena – Way 2 GoodLife
Heather – Not a DIY Life
Julie – Inspired by Julie/Motivation for Your Life
Cheryl – Live Fit Daily
QUESTION: How many of these things about me are new to you?