Today is day 2 in the 10-in-10 series. Along with Steph I’ll be sharing 10 things about me every day for the next 10 days. Today I’m sharing with you 10 reasons why I blog:
(Side note: I started blogging after reading Bridget Jones Diary WAY back in the fall of 2004.)
- My husband was bored of hearing me talk about running – Seriously. I started blogging to write about my running, and my life to anyone who would listen because my talking never seemed to be heard by my husband over the nattering of the TV. I quickly found that I had a captive audience of other runners – it was awesome so I kept writing. Over time I decided to stray from my mommy/running blog (http://www.momontherun.net) and start THIS site in order to motivate people to be active by leading by example.
- To share pics of my kids – I think they’re pretty darn cute and I want to share them with everyone:
- Coding – I love fiddling with html, php and css code. There’s nothing I like better than the challenge of trying to manipulate where and how something behaves on the ‘net. Without a blog I wouldn’t have an outlet for that geekiness.
- It helps me to relax – I hate watching TV and I can’t exercise ALL day. Blogging and reading blogs is how I “relax”. There’s something therapeutic about it.
- I’ve made a lot of friends by blogging – some I even had the opportunity to meet some and ran a 10k with them!
- It motivates ME to be active – if I didn’t run or workout then I wouldnt have anything to write about.(This is a tough 10 things list – I’m running out of reasons!)
- The occasional products I get to review – From time to time PR folks send me stuff to review. Some things we LOVE (ie: POPChips) and some things we preferred to spit out (ie: these vitamins).
- It challenges me to THINK – instead of mindlessly watching TV, blogging challenges me to problem solve. This is GOOD for my brain and my attention to detail (ie: what was the last thing I did before my site stopped working?).
- Sharing – it allows me to share the knowledge I gained while working on my undergrad in Kinesiology. As I chose not to persue a career in my field, blogging allows me to still share and use my knowledge.
- Your comments – I love hearing what YOU think about the stuff I post.
Now its your turn …. Why do you blog? Write up your list and share it with us by linking up on Steph’s blog!