If you’re new here, #MotivateME Monday is a weekly link-up co-hosted by myself and Run Mommy Run for accountability and encouragement. It’s a place for us to share goals, plans, successes and have each other to pick us up to keep moving forward
So here we are – 1 week into 2017, and 1 week into my journey to lose the 20lbs I’ve slowly gained over the past 18 months. I have to keep in mind that it took me 18 months to get here, so losing this isn’t going to happen overnight.
My plan to lose the weight
Last week I shared with you my fitness planner but I didn’t go into any detail on HOW I plan to lose this weight. I’ll probably have to change this up as I hit plateaus, but for now my plan is:
- Move for at least 30 minutes everyday – Running, kettlebell workouts in the basement, or even yoga videos from YouTube etc.
- The mix of my minimum 30 minutes/day will be:
- Run 4 times
- Strength 3 times
- Yoga at least 2 times
- Calorie counting – I’m back on Myfitnesspal logging all of my meals.
So how did this week go?
Week 1 went really well. I went back to work on Tuesday ready to buckle down and do whatever it takes to lose this weight. I meal prepped on Monday so I had lunches packed for the whole week (salads and healthy snacks). Everyday I managed to stay under my calorie goal! There was one day where I was over my goal in the evening so although I had already ran earlier in the day I went to the basement and did a 30 minute yoga workout.
Tuesday I ran on the treadmill & did a yoga workout in the basement:
Wednesday morning I ran with my running friends:
Thursday I did a Kettlebell workout
Friday I ran outside:
Saturday I ran outside again:
And on Sunday I went to Hot Yoga with my running friends cause it was WAY TOO COLD out, yes too cold even for me.
For a total mileage of 22.17km and…..
This week’s fitness plan
Monday: 6k lunch run + Yoga
Tuesday: Kettlebell strength workout
Thursday: Kettlebell strength workout
Saturday: Kettlebell strength workout
Sunday: Yoga + Run
Look out 2017 – I’m coming for you!
What are your 2017 goals?
Join the #MOTIVATEME link up!
The “rules” are simple:
1. Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
2. Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
4. Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.