Late last year I came across High 5 Friday on Happy Fit Mama’s blog and I loved that it was an easy way to crank out a post on a Friday, while also being a fun way to find other blogs and articles to read, so I thought I’d participate more this year. I don’t know about you, but I am OBSESSED with all things health when it comes to reading in my down time. I particularly like when I find a new perspective on an old idea, and recipes with GREAT photos. This week I’m sharing a bit of both, but first we’ll start off with 5 photos that I shared on Instagram this week:
5 from Instagram
(Clockwise from top left)
(Follow me on instagram at: http://instagram.com/salads4lunch)
- After seeing many self-deprecating tweets, status updates and blog posts about holiday weight gain, I wanted to send a reminder that the scale does not measure how AWESOME we are (and neither does the way our pants fit). I removed the battery from my scale in October and I’ve been too lazy to replace it, so I don’t know what I weigh anymore and you know what? I feel so much more AWESOME because of it, and that has enabled me to be able to give more AWESOME to others around me.
- I’m back into meal planning and meal prep this year. I had gotten away from it even though I know how much easier it makes our busy lives when we can just reach for healthy already prepped food. I shared a post earlier this week with tips on how to prep healthy food for the week, plus I have a giveaway for a 7 piece Snapware set, so go check it out!
- After re-injuring my SI joint last week, I’m back working on a stronger core – bring on the hamstring bridges!
- My word for the year is LIFT because I want to get stronger, and I want to LIFT all those around me up. I was back at GoodLife Fitness on Wednesday with a great BodyPump class so I can be stronger!
- Winter has officially reared her ugly head and I’m back to wearing everything I own when I run. I snapped this after a chilly morning run on Tuesday.
5 Posts I Loved this Week
(I already shared these on Facebook, but I’m sharing them here again in case you missed it)
- I loved this post by Carla about the 3 feelings she wants to feel through 2016, it really made me stop and think. This year, not only do I want to LIFT others up, I also want to feel UPLIFTED.
- Forget “New” You for the New Year, be “More” You by Fun and Fit. Alexandria perfectly sums up my thoughts about all the marketing that makes us feel like we have to be someone new, like there’s something wrong with the “old” us. Take it from me – there’s NOTHING wrong with any of us and we don’t need to be a new person.
- Five signs Your New Year’s Diet Will Fail – so many great tips in this article by Jenn at Pretty Little Grub who is a Registered Dietitian about how to be successful when making nutritional changes.
- I loved this recipe for Muesli Banana Hemp Bars – they look delicious!
- Lindsay has yet another great recipe on her blog, this time it’s for Easy Chimichurri White Bean Hummus – I bet this would be a BIG hit at a SuperBowl party!
What great posts have you read this week?
Have you entered my Snapware giveaway yet?