If you’re new here, #MotivateME Monday is a weekly link-up co-hosted by myself and Running Rachel for accountability and encouragement. It’s a place for us to share goals, plans, successes and have each other to pick us up to keep moving forward.
Happy Monday everyone!!
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Mine was simply amazing! The weather was beautiful so I was able to spend it doing my favourite thing in the world… sitting by the pool. Oh and Friday was my big 4-0, which wasn’t nearly as traumatic as I was anticipating. I have been scared of 4-0 for a while, though I have no idea why I was scared because it means now I won’t have to run in the same age group as all my young whipper snapper friends anymore, and for a year *I* get to be the young one in my age group 😀
For my birthday my friends surprised me with a party at my house. I had originally planned on sitting on the patio with my bestie and having a quiet glass of wine, but that grew into our entire group of friends coming over to join me so they brought over food to cook me a wonderful BBQ dinner. They made me chicken, corn on the cob, spinach salad and rice. For dessert they brought over an ice cream cake… my favourite!!
They also gave me some presents:
The Ironmom shirt I wanted from last week’s Ironman 70.3 Muskoka
An outfit to wear:
Which they actually made me wear out to the bar (including the silly looking hat) after the party at my place:
All in all we had a fun night and my friends made me feel very special.
Saturday morning was admittedly a bit rough because I was feeling a bit hung over. I drove my oldest daughter to her softball tournament over an hour away. I stayed and cheered her on for her first two games, then my husband came to watch her second two games.
My youngest daughter had a soccer game that morning that my husband was coaching, so my parents came to that game to watch my middle daughter, then they took the middle and the youngest out for lunch and a play in a splash pad at a park while my husband drove to the softball game. Once he arrived at the game, I went to my parents place and picked up Brooke and Amber. We then spent the rest of the day playing in the pool with my friend Juliette’s kids while I sat and watched them. I could seriously spend all day everyday relaxing by the pool.
Wine smoothie anyone?
Sunday morning started out with an awesome, slow and hot 14k run with my best running friend. Then I headed out to a nice breakfast with the family, then I did some grocery shopping. After lunch Brooke’s friends arrived for her birthday pool party which meant I could do more of my favourite thing – relax by the pool while the kids swam.
It was such a perfect weekend!
Now onto those goals….
Last year I decided to end my 30’s with a bang. I ran my longest trail race ever, the North Face Endurance Challenge Half Marathon, then I set a personal best in a sprint triathlon, then ran a full marathon, then ran a 30K race, ran a trail race with my kids, set a new personal best in the half marathon, then completed my bucket list item: a half ironman triathlon at Ironman 70.3 Muskoka (race report coming soon).
So now I’m looking ahead at the first year of my forties and setting some new goals that will hopefully help me with my long term goal of running a half marathon with my daughters one day.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- Eat less chips and more veggies
- Log my meals, even my “cheats”
- Beat my 4:26 marathon race time from last year at the ScotiaBank Toronto Waterfront Marathon
- After the marathon, race less and lift weights more
- Reduce my body fat percentage from 29.9 (according to my fitbit scale) to 26
- Hire a cleaner to clean the house every other week (I’m having a hard time giving up the “control” on the house work), and finally
- Share more workouts here for you to enjoy
I’m really looking forward to this year as I hope that 40 is really as fabulous as everyone tells me it is!
How was your week?
What are your goals for the next 6 months?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, please mention that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts, Fitness Cheerleader at FitnessCheerleader.com, & Running Rachel at RunningRachel.com.
- Read what the other linkers, are sharing. Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.
Have an active and healthy week!