In a recent survey conducted by Leger Marketing, only 56% of Canadians believe they drink enough water. The other 44% of us realise we’re falling short. While I’m fully aware of the importance of drinking water and how much water I should be drinking (eight glasses a day), I find that drinking plain water is just not fun.
Recently my family received a SodaStream and we were asked to take the #SodaStreamChallenge. They challenged us to answer this question:
Would you drink more water if it was fun?
After a few weeks with our SodaStream Play I can honestly say that the answer was a resounding YES! Especially for my middle daughter, Brooke (7 yrs). As much as I try to get her to drink plain water from our water cooler – she just won’t. She likes flavour AND she likes bubbles.
(I have to admit that I was the exact same way when I was a kid, and may still be a bit like this).
Using our SodaStream, here are 5 ways we made drinking water more fun for Brooke:
1. We added bubbles to it. The SodaStream was a quick and easy way to add bubbles to regular tap water, or to the reverse osmosis water from our water cooler. Brooke loves “bubble water” and she loved that she could do it herself.
2. We added fruit to it. Cucumber and lemon slices were her favourite.
3. We added flavour to it. SodaStream has a line of flavouring called Free – it’s free from artificial sweeteners, colours, flavours and preservatives – they are lightly sweetened with a natural sweetener: fructose.
4. We involved our children. We let them choose the flavours, the amount of bubbles and which fruit to add to it.
5. We let Brooke mix and match flavours. She came up with some pretty interesting combos: Cherry cola with Kiwi Pear actually tastes a lot better than it sounds!
I took the SodaStream to the MasterChef party with my friends last week and we made some FUN holiday cocktails with it!
The first cocktail I made up for my friends was this light and refreshing Mango, Kiwi and Pear drink:
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz mango juice
- 2 oz SodaStream Kiwi Pear (mixed with SodaStream carbonated water)
- 1 lime wedge
- Pour a shot of vodka and a shot of mango juice over ice in a tall glass. Top the glass with SodaStream Kiwi Pear. Squeeze a lime wedge over drink. Garnish with fresh lime wedge.
- 700 ml chilled white wine
- 1 litre SodaStream Free Cranberry Raspberry
- 125 ml Grand Marnier
- 12 fresh raspberries
- Pour wine and Grand Marnier into a large pitcher and add cubed ice.
- Top with SodaStream Cranberry Raspberry soda and stir.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and stir again before pouring.
The two drinks were amazing, but I stuck to the spritzer for the rest of the night in an effort to minimize the hangover…
Overall the SodaStream was fun and easy to use, and the whole family thoroughly enjoyed making FUN drinks with it. Consider the #SodaStreamChallenge accepted and enjoyed.
Cheers to the holidays and to making water fun with the SodaStream!
Which of the two holiday cocktails do you think you would like best?