My youngest daughter, Amber loves to stick together with me to help me in the kitchen. We call her my shadow because of how close she likes to be next to me… constantly. When cooking, she also loves to lick the batter from her hands, so the other day I made a snack with her that was ok to eat raw: Energizing Peanut Butter Snack Bites.
Made with the goodness of Kraft All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter, honey, ground chia, quinoa and dark chocolate chips, this is a snack that is both delicious and nutritious.
The first thing we did was cook a 1/4 cup of quinoa. After we cooked it, we cooled the quinoa in the refrigerator while we mixed the remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl.
We then added the quinoa in and stirred everything together.
We then placed our bowl in the refrigerator to harden while we folded laundry together. Not only is Amber a good helper in the kitchen, but she’s also a good helper around the house. Finally 30 minutes had passed, and it was time to roll our Peanut Butter Snack Bites into tasty balls.
High in nutrients, the ground chia gives our Energizing Peanut Butter Snack bites it’s dark colour. The Kraft All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter gives it a delicious peanut flavour and holds everything together.
Amber and I stuck together and had a lot of fun making delicious Energizing Peanut Butter Snack Bites that the whole family could enjoy, and you can make them too!
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Kraft All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 cup large flake rolled outs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ground chia
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for 10 min.
- Cool cooked quinoa in refrigerator for 10 min.
- Once quinoa is cooled, in a medium bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Roll into 20 (1-inch) balls, using about 2 tbsp for each.
- Chill in fridge for 20 to 30 min.
Share to WIN!
- Visit sheblogs Canada to enter the Make It Yours contest.
- By sharing a photo of your Peanut Butter Snack Bites recipe, you will be entered to win 1 of 4 Kraft Peanut Butter prize packs
Follow the hashtag #MyKPBsnackbite to join the conversation on Twitter and for more Peanut Butter Snack Bites recipes ideas visit www.sticktogether.ca
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Kraft Canada, the opinions and language are my own, and in no way do they reflect Kraft Canada.
Question/Sharing: What is your favourite stick together activity to do with your children?